Sunday, May 31, 2009

Week Six

Today's run:
On treadmill
Max HR 190
Average HR 147
Time 40 minutes
Distance 2.775 miles
Speed 3-5.5 MPH and one sprint 8MPH for 30 seconds

I did not feel up to running today. I haven't been sleeping very well the last few nights and I'm feeling lethargic. Even though I didn't want to run, I feel good that I did. Today was a walk/run so it wasn't too bad. I can't wait to improve on speed I tried to run most of the time at 5.5MPH and when I got tired I slowed to 5MPH. I love to add a sprint after my normal run, today it was 8MPH for 30-40 seconds, it feels great to go that fast. Next week I don't have any more walking during my run. If I can get my speed up to 6MPH I will almost have my 30 minute 5k. So I feel like I'm right on track and by he end of the 9 weeks I'll be in great running shape. If I continue to lose weight too just being lighter will help make me faster. I sometimes think being overweight helps in training because the extra weight is extra resistance, but I'll be very happy to shed the excess weight.

Now that I'm getting close to the end of this program I'm getting the itch to run outside. I have a route that is about 3 miles long around my neighborhood. I'll need to get some new running wear so I'm not running in my pajamas (which is what I wear now) through the neighborhood.
I also would have to get up early to beat the heat and I'm not a morning person, at least it isn't too hot yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment