Friday, May 29, 2009

Whooooooie

Today's run:
on treadmill
Max hr 198
average hr 160
time 37 minutes
distance 2.5
speed 3-5mph


Holy cow today was tough, I didn't think I would make it through the whole run. I had to run 20minutes with no walking, and about 10 minutes is all I am comfortable with, after that it was very challenging. So far out of my comfort zone that I wanted to quit at that point, but knew that I could push myself and I would only improve after it was over. Recovery from running today took a long time I walked for 10 minutes and still couldn't get my heart rate below 135.
I can't believe I CAN run for 20 minutes. Even if I'm slow I CAN run 20 minutes. I can't wait until I can do this with ease and increase my speed! Today I ran the slowest I ever have. Most of the run was my norm of 5MPH. After that 10 minute point I had to slow down to 4.8MPH for about 8 minutes, still not too bad as long as I ran the full 20. My knee feels almost 100% again too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment