Tuesday, May 5, 2009

5/5/09

Still with it, still taking it slow. My knee has been doing well, some pain here and there but not so much when running. Today I ran/walked 2.5 miles in 40 minutes, 3miles in 50minutes and strength training. My max heart rate 194 average 139. I ran 90 seconds at 6MPH and 3minutes 5MPH walking between at 3-3.2MPH. It is still a challenge to run, but it does feel like I am improving every time I do run. My main issue is my breathing but hat will come in time, my legs feel good.
Soon I'll get my new shoes! I told myself if I stuck with it for a month I would get shoes and my birthday is coming up so it will be a gift to myself too. Only 4 more runs until I'm done with week 4!

3 comments:

  1. HI there! Thanks for stopping by my blog. We're totally in the same space! My heart rate is even similar to yours when I first started. I've stopped using my monitor because it was giving me an excuse to stop - when it didn't recover quickly I would slow down. Now I have no idea where it is anymore!

    Keep on keeping on - doesn't it make you feel great?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops removed my post...
    Thanks Mel, I need the encourgement. I do feel great. Every other time I tried to become a runner I just went and did it and couldn't go very far. Discouraged that I couldn't just run I would give up. Working up to running is working so much better.

    ReplyDelete