Monday, May 25, 2009

I'm Back in the Game

Today's workout:
On treadmill
max heart rate 188
average heart rate 150
time 40minutes
distance 2.624 miles
speed 3-6mph

So happy to run today after a week or so off. My knee is still not right and didn't feel that great today when running. It is more swollen and tight than anything. The pain that is there is dull but tolerable and it even seemed to go away after about 3 minutes of running. Now I'm icing it and trying to keep it from getting worse. After my break I didn't think I would be able to pick up from where I left off but I was able to. My run today was walk 5 minutes run 8 minutes walk 5 run 8, I also added a 2 minute sprint and extra walking as usual. Most of the time running I run at 5mph it seems so slow but I'm sure I'll get faster. My next run is 20 minutes no walking! I hope my knee cooperates.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you're back in the game. Good work being able to pick up where you left off. Feels good, hey?

    ReplyDelete