Friday, June 26, 2009

Week 9

Today's Run:
On treadmill
Max HR 192
Average HR 159
Time 45 minutes
Distance 3.4 miles
Speed 3-6MPH

Today was better than my last run, not as hot. My last week of the "couch to 5k" plan! I'm walking 5 minutes running 30 minutes and then walking 10 minutes, it's awesome. Now I need to work on speed and I'm sure that will come as I lose weight and I am just lighter. I do feel like the speed thing will just get easier and easier, running at 6 MPH is a challenge and I only do it for a minute at a time right now but soon it will be my whole run. Right now I'm just proud of myself for being able to run 30 minutes! I think I'm going to keep my running routine like this for a while and just improve on speed and being able to go further in the same amount of time. By time I run my first race, I'll be in great shape, and fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment