Friday, June 12, 2009

5k in 40 Minutes

Today's Run:

On treadmill

Max HR 194

Average HR 158

Time 40 minutes

Distance 3 miles

Speed 3-6MPH



Well I'm getting there. One more 25 minute run in a few weeks I will be running the whole 5k. Then I'll need to work on my speed. Once I'm doing that well I will progress to 10k training. I am still very challenged and enjoy the feeling of finishing my run more improved from the last run, it's great.



Running before breakfast has made it much easier to stay on track. I can get up and run and have the whole day to do whatever I want without worrying about fitting my run in and having the energy to do it. This really shocks me as I usually need to eat every 3-4 hours to keep my blood sugar up. The last few weeks I have been eating a better more well balanced diet and I'm sure that helps as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment