Tuesday, September 15, 2009

First Race

Me and my friend Ana

Me coming to the finish

I did my first race on Sunday! It was great! I didn't run the whole thing but I ran most of it and my time was 39:01, which was my goal (under 40 minutes). It was nice outside and many people were walk/running the course so that was good as well, I didn't feel like a wimp. I came in 306th place out of 420. Running in this race has got me more motivated to train hard core again. I would love to be able to race and really compete. For now I'm competing against myself but I hope next year I can place in the top group and win a metal. If I keep training I think I will be able to place in many races.

1 comment:

  1. Wow so proud of you!!! I'm running my 1st 5K next month and I'm hoping to just finish! The next race after that I will work on time. GOOD JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete